A highly skilled Senior Colour and Materials Designer with extensive experience working across a broad spectrum of industries such as automotive, accessories and product design. Core skills include leading cross functional teams, creating bespoke colour and material specifications for high net worth
individuals and a strong background in material research.
Developed and managed bespoke runs to deliver high quality product design for globally renowned companies, leveraging knowledge of structural and decorative materials. Guided brands through colour and material design processes from concept to product launch with an intuitive understanding of perceived value and craftsmanship.
• Defined and designed a luxury customer journey for Ultimate Series customers; delivering a fully bespoke experience tailored to client requirements
• Defined, created and managed the delivery of all physical colour & material assets to be used on Ultimate Series cars (Starting value: £1.75m).
ked directly with ultimate series customers to create and deliver their bespoke specifications. On average added £350K / ~20% per vehicle
• Managed and delivered a bespoke customer specification from concept through to production, including the final sign-off. This included:
- Creation and delivery of innovative design proposals for interior and exterior colour and material concepts on the flagship Ultimate Series car; The Speedtail
- Creation and implementation of the colour and material design intent reports used across the team and suppliers for each Ultimate Series customer
- Documentation and presentation of individual customer
specifications to ensure car build reflects the customers individual specification
• Responsible for the implementation of all materials and finishes for Ultimate Series production. This included:
- Managed the delivery of target and master samples
- Engaged with over 10 international suppliers, developing materials to McLaren production specification and standards
- Liaised across functional groups (designers, engineers, marketing and purchasing teams) to approve individual design intent reports and ensuring their production feasibility
• On-going research of innovative and advanced materials for future projects (2-5 year forward-looking), impact on colour
• Designed, developed and manufactured luxury footwear and accessories which have been recognised through international awards and publications
• Researched innovative materials and production methods to form material and colour concepts for future collections
• Sourced and worked closely with overse
as suppliers and factories to engineer the required construction while hitting target cost prices and desired quality
• Created, verified and managed product specification packs
• Ensured products across the supply chain are produced in-line with the required method of manufacturing, requiring a bespoke approach to each construction
• Maintained, managed and drove the critical path through all stages of the design and development process, creating individual bespoke client packs
• Research on potential growth markets within Asia and
• Generated 45% of total studio revenues through advising to architects, designers and makers on the most appropriate materials and colours as per their design specifications
• Managed 8 studio partner relationships (including Dulux and Formica), negotiated contracts, studio displays and other market
materials in partnership with the partner’s Directors and Marketing teams
• Defined, researched and managed target and master materials for the studio; over 300 different designers and manufacturers across the in-house library
• Managed, designed and curated all quarterly internal and bi-yearly external exhibitions, delivering them on time and on budget
• Sole representative for Material Lab at exhibitions and sourcing trips
• Communicated effectively with colleagues and Directors across the company (both in the London studio and Stoke-on-Trent headquarters) while fostering a collaborative atmosphere
Assisting in the production and sampling of bags and small leather goods.
LIMITED/UNLIMITED is the new creative project and brainchild promoted by Silvia Venturini Fendi for Altaroma: an exhibition-event that involves a group of young, talented fashion designers whose creations embody the theme of research and craftsmanship. Participating designers are invited to express
their unlimited creativity through the creation of exclusive, limited edition garments. Unique pieces, garments, accessories or jewellery, targeted at a contemporary reinterpretation of the concept of couture. The creative vitality of each single designer thus becomes an inherent part of a new aesthetic trend.
• Assisted in the design of the AW10 range of footwear from concept to production whilst working to critical pathway deadlines.
• Developed mood boards and colour themes for the range.
• Produced the specification, trim and development packs of the collection for the Italian vendor.
sourced all materials and trims for the collection, negotiating price and logistics to the factory in Italy
• Extensively researched and aided in the design of the SS/10 Collection
• Planned and developed the range for SS10 including editing and product development.
• Managed specification sheets for factory production and final delivery to retailers.