I studied textiles at Central St Martins followed by a short stint working in New York, but I’ve spent the last four years living in Moscow. Working in Russia was a great challenge and I held a lot of responsibility. I gained valuable experience of producing prints to a commercial scale. I developed
and designed an entire collection - colour, composition, scale, all the way from the research stage to final execution, which was then shown on the catwalk at Moscow Fashion week.
I am obsessed with colour and feel that it is one of my greatest skills, at college I was shortlisted for the Colour prize at Texprint.
I have excellent illustration skills both by hand and on the computer. Most of my projects start off with experimental artwork - printing/stamping/hand-painting like I did for the Daks 100th year anniversary collection. I am then equally capable using CAD/illustrator/photoshop to edit my prints in order to get them ready for production.
Working for Diane Von Furstenberg involved being in the embroidery department, placing designs onto pattern pieces with lots of visual research, including sourcing trims and fabric around New York. One of my motif designs was used in the final collection.
More recently I have designed my own all over repeat printed shirt collection. This involved researching trends and contacting many mills and suppliers worldwide. My shirts were a big success and I sold all of my designs.
I continue as a passionate print designer creating my own work and also enjoy working for other designers.
Print collaboration with this luxury nightwear company
- Designed a print for Spring/Summer 2016 catwalk
- Hand drawn and converted into a digital repeat
- Technical execution of initial concept to final sample sign off
- Produced a one off print
- Hand painting/digital designs for wallpaper
- Converting designs into perfect repeat ready for production.
- Designed entire SS15 print collection for Moscow Fashion Week
- Placement and repeat print design to fit in with the brands signature style
- Presenting trends and market research to the creative director
- CAD drawings
- Liaising with the factory in Russia and artwork prepared for fabric productio
- Designed two prints shown at London Fashion Week SS14
- Head hunted by head of design Shelia Waid
- Two repeat prints hand drawn and digitally designed using photoshop
- Introduced summer and winter prints
- Placement and repeat prints, designing ideas from concept through to final production
- Sign off fabrics and trims for production
- Completing Tech Packs that include, accurate drawings, construction details and fabric information
Worked closely between Design and Production teams
- Fabric and Trim sourcing online and around London
- Organising orders
- Making toiles and cutting patterns – including a dress for Michelle Obama
- Assisting backstage at New York Fashion Week
- Developed and sampled hand embroidery
- One design which was used for the main collection at NY Fashion Week
- Accurately art working embroidery designs onto pattern pieces
- Creating art work for prints
- Altering garments in the fittings to the run up of fashion week
- Hand sewing and embroidery
- Sourcing fabric and trims extensively throughout New York fashion suppliers
- Design research
- Archiving collection fabrics
- Keeping records of the incoming fabrics
- Working with Photoshop to modify designs
- Dying swatches
- General administration work
Specialised in Printing
Shortlised for Texprint - Colour Prize
- Hand drawings which were made into embroideries and shown in the Ready to Wear collection
- Research and development of mood boards
- Design and development of new fabric concepts and sampling
- Hand dying fabric to match specific samples
- Responsible for collecting and organising all fabrics i
n preparation for Paris Fashion Week
Weaving and embroidery techniques
Highly organised with the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
Experience liaising with mills and manufactures worldwide
Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel...)