Knitting piece as the cover of Fashion'18 of SAIC(School of the Art Institute of Chicago)
Assistant major in design part
I helped for developing the new collection, go sourcing the fabrics and trimming. I had participate in pre-stying process, sample making and print pattern design in illustrator. Later, I participated every fitting and model try on as casting assistant which makes me more familair with all the differe
nt process of creating a collection.
At the same time, I focus on the development of design and product. Each design I learned to create tech pack, spec sheet and cut ticket for the production development. Especially we will focus on the function development of each design during fitting and in later production, such as the zipper or button position.From this internship, I had learned about the PLM, product life cycle management, how a design develop to a prodcut for production.
Major in Fashion Design and Fiber Material Study
Scholarship from School of the Art Institute of Chicago Fashion department with Chicago Art Center.
In celebration of Wright’s 150th anniversary, the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust partnered with the fashion design department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago(SAIC) to create the Wright 150 Fashion Design Awards.
-Showing illustrations at Jil Sander department store at Chicago.
- I concentrated in design works, beginning with the research, fabric sourcing to both retail and wholesale fabric stores, and went to the yarn expo and textiles show to explore new material.
- I helped to develop the fabric manipulations in embroidery techniques, and based on the previous design cre
ate different version of new look.
- The designer and I, we discussed the design and I based on sketch did all the fashion illustration and for look book.
- I develop the teach pack and information needed for the factories.
- from this internship, I have involved all the steps of creating a collection and get to know more about design process.
High Creativity & Aesthetic
strong drawing skill
Good Eyes and Good Taste
Pattern making & Draping
Professional with Knitting Machine
Textile Making: texture, color, raw materials