Fashion for me is the most creative of all problem solving. Whether it be working for an established house or brand delivering a coherent strong and relevant message is important. Translating and bringing reality to ideas and understanding the customers ideals -all of which are essential in order to
present a strong empowering and covetable message through design and experience. If you have not created something that people must own not out of necessity but because they feel they can't be without it then your job is not quite done.
My ideas drive me, making them into the physical by challenging myself, pattern cutters and makers is something that is incredibly rewarding and drives me. This alongside the ultimate reward of your ideas not just being real but for people to want to own, cherish and make them part of their lives.
Every aspect of a collection or individual garment is of equal importance, the cut. silhouette, fabrication colour, finishing and construction. Fashion for me is the architecture of clothes there must be a synergy between each component.
Clothes after all are not a necessity they in themselves are mood changing, they can empower us -enable us to brave the world.
Senior Designer, heading the design UK and Hong based design teams and product development across all categories for the
English heritage brand.
• Managing the design team (UK and Hong Kong) and leading collection development under the
Creative Direction of Daniel Kearns and David Beckham.
with Asia buying teams UK sales teams and European sales agents to formulate collection
plans for seasonal lines and in line with global needs.
• Co- concept developing with the Creative Director, creating seasonal colour palettes and phased
collection stories as part of seasonal drops to deliver continuous seasonal newness.
• Sourcing fabrics and supply bases where needed to deliver on brand product or drive new category
• Leading fit meetings and product development via technical development and quality teams.
• Managing development of all product categories and brand collaborations from Outerwear, Knitwear,
Leather, accessories and footwear categories.
Design lead for Mr. P the Private label collection for luxury online retailer Mr. Porter. Launching collection and establishing supply base to deliver the contemporary lifestyle collection.
Driving forward the redevelopment of branding assets, concept developing collection in line with company strategy.
• Managing design studio, product development team and technical/QA team.
• Creating seasonal concepts, setting colour direction and driving fabric selection in line with new
re lifestyle focused collection.
• Coordinating design critical path to ensure timely delivery of collection and brand visuals against
• Supporting Design Director in working with marketing and PR teams to redefine seasonal imagery,
art directing photography, casting models and coordinating shoot teams.
• Managing design critical path to ensure timely delivery of collection sales samples and brand visuals.
• Working with external and internal branding teams as part of redeveloping brand assets in line with
• Redeveloping the Womenswear collection in order to further enhance brands lifestyle sensibility and
create commercial opportunity (29% of Menswear sales are purchased by female customers –a key potential customer
• Working with merchandising and buying teams to establish range plans and retail hierarchy to assure
retail costs and key categories are brand aligned.
• Driving sourcing supply base strategy to meet the needs of evolving collection. Working with a supply
chain throughout Europe, UK and Asia.
• Adding innovation to progress and grow outwear category, introducing technical elements: - seam
welding, laser cutting and latex bonding to rainwear as well as redefining traditional and tailored outerwear areas.
• Sourcing supply base across fabric and factories in line with new product direction across outwear
categories and tailoring.
• Sourcing and developing brand exclusive fabrics in collaboration with UK and Italian mills as part of
• Collating a working design archive of vintage garments as part of building the brands heritage
• Driving sourcing supply base strategy to meet the needs of an evolving collection. Working with a
supply chain throughout Europe, UK and Asia.
• International travel as part of research and development through out, America, Asia, and Europe.
Including seasonal trade shows (Milano Unica, Premiere Vision, Idea Biella, Pitti Filati, Pitti Uomo)
Designing all areas of the in house collection including soft accessories. Steering the visual identity of the collection, fabric sourcing and development. PRoducing predominantly out of England.
Launched the RTW contemporary counterpart collection of the British bespoke label with a 200 year history. Developing a full apparel collection and directing the lines concept. Producing the collection in Europe using Italian and English mills.
Launched own label, a uncompromising capsule menswear collection produced in Uk, Portugal and Italy using Italian and English mills. A forward think collection which challenged traditional finishing and fused with traditional craft. On launching the line was championed by the BFC and sold in a key st
ores in UK and Europe.
Design consultant for the luxury Menswear line of the British fashion house. Working on the catwalk collection as shown in Milan -on a consultancy basis.
Working across casual and tailoring areas, developing seasonal concepts. First hand research via travel through out Europe and Asia.
Designing and developing product in UK, Europe and Asia.
Collection direction and design development of conceptual sports lifestyle collection with a fashion aesthetic. Using elements of performance fabrics and technology led finishing.
Joined the British heritage label on graduating from university. Quickly becoming heavily envolved in every aspect of the Menswear business,from fabric development and selection, design -product development of collection and design across the casual and formalwear collections. Introduced and launched
a younger diffusion line 'Jaeger London' -which was well received commercially and by press -changing the brand perception.
Developing collection in Italy, Asia and UK.
Studying technical and creative aspects of Menswear, Womenswear and Knitwear including Pattern cutting tailoring and illustration. Selected as one of 20 students across all disciplines (Knitwear, Womenswear, & Menswear) to show at London Graduate Fashion Week.
Design and pattern cutting for Mens & Womenswear. Including pattern-cutting Technical understanding and garment construction/making.
Applied and printed textiles for Fashion Design -working with various print techniques and challenging established processes to develop greater understanding.